Roasted Veggie Pasta




I don't know about you, but I ate WAY too much over Christmas holidays.  And when I mean I ate WAY too much, I don't mean I had two weeks of over indulging.  No, It was a good 6 weeks of holiday eating.  All our lovely neighbours brought us cookies, and our family sent us chocolate.  It was so delicious, but by the end of Christmas I wasn't feeling so good.  I definitely was suffering from sugar overload!  Have I mentioned I also have no self-control?  If it is in the house, chances are I will eat too much of it.

Anyways, all that to say, my body is screaming,  "Please, feed me some vegetables, WOMAN!"  And I was really craving some roasted type vegetables.  I created this dish today to satisfy that craving.

First, roast your vegetables.  I used zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli.  I poured a bit of olive oil and sprinkled salt on it.  Put it in the oven at 375 degrees till they were nice and soft, but not burnt.  Make sure to stir them around every once in awhile to prevent it from burning.




While the vegetables are roasting, cook your pasta.


When the vegetables are done roasting, take it out of the oven and add sundried tomatoes and black olives to it.  Pour a generous splash of lemon juice on the veggies and stir it up.




 Add the pasta, stir it up and serve it up on your plate and sprinkle salt and pepper and parmesan cheese.  And I mean the GOOD parmesan cheese, not the "shaky cheese" as my kids call it.  Get the nice slivers of fresh parmesan. So yummy.
So, so delicious.  I enjoyed every bite.   As you can see there are no accurate measurements here.  It's really because you can add as little or as much veggies and lemon juice as you want.  It's all up to you and your personal tastes.  Except the parmesan cheese.  That stuff NEEDS to be loaded on.

Enjoy!

Comments